• tearrazza storia
  • strandbad storia
  • camera storia
  • terrazza-2-storia
bell
Day Month Year Nights
© feratel media technologies AG

History

albergo leprese 1900 986albergo leprese 1945 979albergo leprese 2000

Hotel Le Prese was built as a spa on Lake Poschiavo in 1855 and was a wellness resort for nineteenth-century high society.

In 1904, the hotel was bought by hydroelectric company Forze Motrici Brusio (Rätia Energie, Repower). The company managed the hotel as a prestigious holiday resort distinguished by its tranquil, harmonious setting, complete with a pool—Strandbad—directly on the lakeside.

For over a century, the hotel’s regular guests returned year after year to Hotel Le Prese to spend their summer holidays. Guests included prominent names from the worlds of Swiss and European finance and arts, who had come to enjoy the comfort, the attention to detail, the lake, the garden and grounds for strolling and relaxing, the excellent cuisine, the tranquillity and the warm welcome.

In 2013, the hotel was wonderfully renovated under the supervision of the new owner, Irma Sarasin, to restore it to its former splendour.

Almost two centuries have passed since Hotel Le Prese was built, and yet it still maintains its original charm, its privileged location, its magnificent gardens, its dock on an inlet in the garden, the spectacular view of the lake and the mountains and the tranquillity of bygone times.
 Hotel Le Prese welcomes guests with the impeccable service and privileges of a prestigious hotel.

Submit to Facebook